Wednesday 30 April 2014

April is for... sitting pretty - Take 2

It's that magical time of year when there isn't near enough hours in the day, the mornings are cold, and the sunsets are stunning on the drive home from work. We've had plenty of rain and everything in the garden is taking off, including the new veg I managed to get in the ground. Red cabbage, Tuscan kale, beetroot and snow peas are poking out and helping ease that transition into winter, not my favourite season.

I hate being cold, and we've managed to get our hands on a fireplace, but will need to pull down a wall and polish the floors before it can be installed. Patience is a virtue!

My patient waiting for a garden seat has finally paid off - the special one we've had on layby for about 2 months is finally taking pride of place in the back corner of the native/bird garden. The cast iron should warm up nicely in the afternoon sun and I'm looking forward to having many a warming cup of tea in it, surveying our little kingdom.

 
The native garden has another new addition as of this week, as I've finally managed to get hold of a Callistemon White Anzac - a lovely white bottlebrush that only grows to about 1m. Celebrating Anzac day in my own way, I planted the little Aussie charmer in the moist strip along the side fence.


 

I'm hoping for a quiet month in May, and plenty of time to sit and enjoy the growing gardens. Here's to winter!


No comments:

Post a Comment